Preparing for Triathlon is HARD! But you did it…and now you need to pack for your trip. Don’t sweat it. Use this as a guide to get you organized and packed. I’ve done 3 Ironman races, 1 Ironman 70.3, and many Olympic distance races…and traveled to all of them. This helps me prepare.
Pack by legs…and get the basics squared away. I pack all of my RACE DAY Equipment in ONE BAG.
Now – think about your transitions…and add goodies for your Swim Transition Bag, Bike Transition Bag and Run Transition Bag if you need them.
Lastly – pack your travel bag – this is just like going on vacation.
Before Race Day
- Practice a dry run of each race transition to check your gear bags
- Check Tires/Tubes
- Charge GPS Watch/Electronics
- Label all of your gear – Put Name on all gear
- Review Checklist
- Two nights before, try to get a good night of sleep—the night before is not the day you need it!
- Make sure you know the directions to the race start – and toilets!
- Study the course so you know what to expect. Swim, Bike, Run – Aid Stations, What fluids are offered, Gels.
Good luck…and REMEMBER…EXPECT THAT THINGS WILL GO WRONG..and deal with it. Just get to the start line!